Make: Kit-A-Day Giveaway Promotion
We're so excited to be launching our massive Kit-A-Day Giveaway. To celebrate the release of our latest publication, the Make: Ultimate Kit Guide 2012 (and its companion website), we're giving away one of the cool kits reviewed in the issue each day during the holiday season. From Arduino and electronics kits to beer-making kits to geeky watch and clock kits to... believe it or not... free MakerBots! We're giving away thousands of dollars in Maker Shed merchandise.
|Date||Kit of the Day||Winner|
|Nov 25||MakerBot Thing-O-Matic 3D Printer||James Barrett|
|Nov 26||Defusable Alarm Clock Kit||Thorton Wilson|
|Nov 27||Getting Started w/Arduino Kit + Book||Daniel Olen|
|Nov 28||Nebulophone + Pico Paso||Sam Smock|
|Nov 29||Drawdio Fun Pack||Brian Crew|
|Nov 30||Learn to Solder Bundle||James Seymour|
|Dec 01||Litiholo Hologram Kit||Salil Phadnis|
|Dec 02||Ice Tube Clock||Mike Schatz|
|Dec 03||Dice Kits||Stephen Upham|
|Dec 04||Mono Chron||Jearvin Bosi|
|Dec 05||MakerBot Thing-O-Matic 3D Printer||Elizabeth Lingo|
|Dec 06||Drum Kit Kit + Arduino||Lance Williams|
|Dec 07||Solder Time Watch Kit||Micheal Boschet|
|Dec 08||Protosnap Pro Mini||Chris Conley|
|Dec 09||Drink Shield + Arduino + Beer Making Kit||Damian McCrea|
|Dec 10||BulbDial Clock Kit||David M Collins|
|Dec 11||Herbie the MouseBot 3 Pack||Courtney Christensen|
|Dec 12||Mintronics Bundle||Jamie Kelly|
|Dec 13||MakerBot Thing-O-Matic 3D Printer||Rob Tsou|
|Dec 14||Edo Style Clock Kit||Jason Shelton|
|Dec 15||Reinventing Edison: Make your own Lightbulb Kit||CJ Taylor|
|Dec 16||TV-B-Gone Kit, Red Blinky POV, Minty Time Clock||Allen Boehm|
|Dec 17||Thingamagoop 2||Shayne Simmons|
|Dec 18||Ultimate Microcontroller Pack w/Arduino + Voice Shield + EZ Expander + RTC Breakout||Eric Ryberg|
|Dec 19||MakerBot Thing-O-Matic 3D Printer||Ian Fox|
|Dec 20||Saga Guitar Kit (your choice!)||David Mayer|
|Dec 21||Tinker Kit ADK||Sean Wager|
|Dec 22||Gakken Mechamo Inchworm||Clint Farrell|
|Dec 23||MakerBot Thing-O-Matic 3D Printer||Laura Walton|
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.IMPORTANT: Please read these Official Rules ("Rules"). before entering the "Maker Shed Kit-A-Day Giveaway" (the "Promotion") sponsored by OíReilly Media, Inc., ("Sponsor"), the folks who bring you MAKE magazine (MAKE). By entering the Promotion, you agree to the terms of these Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion Entrants and Prize Winners must be legal residents of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry (19 or older in AL and NE, 18 or older in all other states). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parents, children, sibling and their respective spouse) are not eligible to participate. Void outside of the United States and where otherwise prohibited by law.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins at 12:01 am PDT on Dec 13, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PDT on December 23, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). For purposes of this Promotion, a "Day" is defined as a twenty-four hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 AM PST of a calendar day and ending at 11:59:59 PM PST of the same calendar day.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Please visit the Promotion landing page, leave a comment (referred to as "Entry") on the daily blog post announcing the Dayís Prize and you will be automatically entered into the Promotion. In order to leave an Entry, you will be required to provide us with your name and e-mail address as part of the login or registration process. Limit one (1) Entry per valid e-mail address per Day during the Promotion Period. Your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Promotion. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Promotion and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other online organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
4. WINNERS SELECTION/DAILY RANDOM DRAWINGS: One (1) Daily Prize Winner ("Daily Prize Winner") will be selected for each Day during the Promotion Period for a total of eighteen (18) Daily Prize Winners. A Daily random drawing to select the Daily Prize Winner for each Day will be conducted on the next business day from among all eligible entries received for that Day. The daily random drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to this Promotion are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Promotion. Odds of winning a Daily Prize depend on the number of Eligible Entries received on that Day. Entries not selected in previous daily drawings will not be eligible for subsequent daily drawings. Each Daily Prize Winner will be notified via email. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect e-mail address. Daily Prize Winner must respond to email notification within 48 hours of notification by Sponsor. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Daily Prize; in no event will Sponsor reserve a Daily Prize for any Daily Prize Winner that does not respond timely to the notification. If a Daily Prize Winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, or a Daily Prize Winner fails to timely respond to the notification or declines a prize, that prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining Eligible Entries received for that Day's daily drawing. Daily Prize Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release ("Release") to receive a Daily Prize, and is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs associated with Daily Prize.
5. PRIZES: ONE (1) PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED EACH DAY DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD FOR A TOTAL OF ELEVEN (11) DAILY PRIZES. Each Daily Prize will consist of:
MakerBot Thing-O-Matic Kit ($1,299), Edo-Style Clock Kit ($49.99), Reinventing Edison: Make your own Lightbulb Kit ($59.95) TV-B-Gone Kit, Red Blinky POV, Minty Time Clock ($60.99), Thingamagoop 2 ($110.00), Ultimate Microcontroller Pack with Arduino, Voice Shield, EZ-Expander Kit & Real Time Clock Breakout Board Kit ($188.90), MakerBot Thing O Matic ($1,299), Saga Guitar Kit ($149.00), Tinker Kit ADK ($359.00), Gakken Mechamo Inchworm ($69.99), MakerBot Thing-O-Matic Kit ($1,299)
The total ARV of all Daily Prizes awarded in this Promotion collectively is $4,888.78. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prize permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Daily Prize for an item of equal or greater value if the offered Prize is unavailable for any reason. All Prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTBILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF PRIZE IS AT DAILY PRIZE WINNERíS OWN RISK. federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Daily Prize Winner.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Promotion is subject to these Rules. By participating, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Rules, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Unless prohibited by law, Daily Prize Winner allows Sponsor to use Daily Prize Winnerís name and/or likeness, in any and all media, for any advertising, promotional, trade, or any other purpose, without further compensation to, or permission from, Daily Prize Winner. Daily Prize Winner may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, phone number, and/or with proof that each such Daily Prize Winner is a United States resident and was at least the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Entries cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or contain nudity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion (i) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion; and/or (ii) to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor finds, in its sole and absolute discretion, is violating these Rules or tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a Daily Prize if, in its sole and absolute discretion, Sponsor determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor or users of Sponsorís services. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each such companyís directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for (1) any late, lost, or misrouted entries or errors in transmission; (2) any disruptions to Internet connection, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (3) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind and shall not be liable for failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, or delayed electronic communications utilized in this Promotion which may limit the ability to participate in the Promotion. If for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsors, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a Daily Prize, entrants release the Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) whether under a theory of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence, whether active, passive, or imputed), strict liability, product liability, contribution, or any other theory. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneysí fees and court costs.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR OTHERWISE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO THE CONTEST, INCLUDING ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY DOWNLOADING FROM OR PRINTING MATERIAL FROM THE WEBSITE. EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. GOVERNING LAW: The Promotion will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the United States. Participants who violate these Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental to Sponsor, the Promotion, or any other participant (as determined in Sponsorís sole discretion) are subject to disqualification. By entering the Promotion, you agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Entrants further consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in San Francisco, California.
10. WINNERSí LIST: Daily Prize Winners list will be posted at Promotion landing page (this page)
11. SPONSORíS ADDRESS:OíReilly Media, Inc., 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472. This Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2011 OíReilly Media, Inc. The Make trademark and logo are trademarks of OíReilly Media, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.